Canned responses allow your texters to easily reply to common replies and questions. Questions allow your texters to record data from the responses they get from people they contact.
To create a canned response, click on Campaigns in the sidebar and then click Canned Responses in the top row. Click on New Canned Response in the upper right hand corner, and you will be redirected to the Responses Form.
- Give your canned response a unique name - like, “Office Opening RSVP link”.
- Write the text of the canned response in the Response Body field.
Variables will work in canned responses - Sender First Name, Recipient First Name, etc.
Shorter messages are more likely to be read and messages over 160 characters will be split into multiple messages.
To create a question, click on Campaigns in the sidebar and then click Questions. Click Add Question in the upper right hand corner, and you will be redirected to the Question Form.
- Give your question a name - like, Volunteer.
- Write out the question text - “Will they volunteer?”.
- Select either yes/no or multiple choice. If you select multiple choice, you’ll need to write in the options.
If you have or want to sync your NGP VAN committee to your Bluelink Messaging account, survey questions and activist codes will appear in the Questions tab automatically when the integration is setup.
Once you’ve created questions and canned responses, you can use them by adding them to a template.