Peer to peer email is a great way to personalize your outreach to volunteers or voters without copy and pasting or rewriting the same email.
Before you get started, make sure you have already done the following:
- Added the list(s) of contacts you want to use by uploading a CSV or Google Sheet or pushing a list directly from NGP VAN
- Created your Email Template
- Synced data from NGP VAN - only if you already have a NGP VAN integration set up
Click "Campaigns" in the sidebar, click "New Campaign” in the upper right hand corner, then select “1 to 1 Email”.
There are 3 steps to create your campaign:
- Templates - Select the template message you want to send to your targets, as well as any questions and canned responses you want to be included in the campaign.
- Lists - Select which list of contacts you'd like to send your message to.
- Campaign Name - Create a name for your campaign that will make it easy for other users to understand what this campaign is all about.
You will be directed to a page where you can review your template before sending. Once you’re ready, check the box “I’m ready to send” and click “Send”. You’ll see a confirmation message, where you will see a summary.
A few things to note:
- You will see the status "Pending" while the campaign is set up. You can see sending progress, as well as bounced emails, opens, and click through rates, below.
- Once the campaign has finished sending, the status will stay "Open." You can view your campaign information and statistics by clicking on the campaign name.